God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I have a new buddy!



Mommy and Daddy decided it would be best for Mommy to quit her job so she could stay home and take care of me. When she was working she didn't get home 'til late, so we didn't really have much time to do my exercises....and we know how important they are! She also would be able to take me to UVA for my appointments without taking off work. Well she decided to watch a few other kids, so I have some new friends. My new buddy is Carter. Ms. Nicole, my physical therapist, is also his therapist, and she introduced his parents to Mommy and Daddy. He is only a month older than me and also has Spina Bifida. Mommy puts us on the floor to play together a lot, but sometimes Carter pulls my hair!!! Now I know why Mommy tells me it hurts when I pull on her hair...hehe!! Carter is the happiest baby I have ever met, not that I've met a lot though. He smiles and laughs all day, except when he's taking his 4 hour nap! He must not know what he's missing while he's asleep! Daddy says we will chase girls together when we get older.....but Mommy tells me to stay away from the girls!

No comments: