God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I went horseback riding!!!

There is a 4-H club in Jefferson County that offers riding therapy once a month at a local stable. Ms. Nicole told Mommy and Daddy that it will help me get strong. Daddy had to talk Mommy into taking me because I go to bed at 6pm and it didn't start until 7pm, so I would be out waaay past my bedtime. Well as you can see, they don't make baby size riding helmets! They decided since I could barely see, that with Daddy holding onto me, I didn't have to wear it.


First we did a few laps on my tummy. Mommy walked beside me talking to me so I would look up at her. We did two laps and then I had to take a break....this is really hard work!

I got to take another turn and this time Ms. Nicole said to try sitting me up. I think I did really well...I'm holding my head up so much better now so this way was fun since I could look around at the other kids on horses!

Here I am with my horse Wonder. They had a few smaller horses for little guys like me so don't worry....I wasn't on one of those big guys!!! I think Mommy would have been scared if I was on a really big horse! Everybody was so nice and even though it was cold and past my bedtime, I had so much fun and can't wait to go back.....even though it was a tough workout!!

1 comment:

"The Popham's" said...

This is so amazing!!!! I had cold chills looking at the pictures. Love you guys!! Gina