God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lots of progress!!

Well today was the first time since my surgery that Ms. Nicole, my physical therapist, came to see me. She was so proud of what I can do now!! Since they fixed my shunt my head feels so much lighter that now I can pick it up when I'm on my belly. She was so excited at how well I am doing now. She worked me so hard that I took a 2 hour nap after she left!! (I NEVER take naps that long!!)



Am I a big boy or what?!?! Mommy has been trying to teach me to drink from my sippy cup and now I'm a pro at it! She has to put juice in it instead of water to get me to drink from it....water is no fun!!

Here I am in my Bumbo Seat. Ms. Nicole told Mommy it would help me get strong so I can sit on my own, but I used to always fall over. But since the doctor fixed my shunt, I can sit up in it like a big boy! It's so much more fun sitting up instead of laying on the floor all the time. Before you know it I will be strong enough to sit up on my own!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!! Praise and Glory to our Lord and Savior!! I am in tears after looking at those picture's! Our God is sooo good! I just can't get over how much better he is now. He was always happy and smiling but now he seems to be even happier. I could just eat him up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids,
Heather called me at work and said to look at Brenden's blog'It is truely a miracle, Everytime I see him he brings a smile to my heart, Keep the good work going Michelle and Jonathon, I am so proud of you both.
Love you all,
Mom