God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Wow, what a week!!!



Well it has been quite the week! Some of you may have heard, but Monday I had my 1 year check up with my Pediatrician. She showed a bit of concern because I had fallen into the 5th percentile for my height. I wanted to say, "Haven't you seen how short my mom is?!?!" So she ordered some blood work and x-rays to make sure I was producing enough growth hormones. Well of course, it was all mostly normal....I'm just gonna be short like Mommy!!





And then today, Mrs. Stephanie, the Occupational Therapist from WV Birth to Three, came back to finish my evaluation to see if I needed OT. A few weeks ago Mommy had a few concerns so requested that an OT come see me. Mrs. Stephanie came to check me out, and wanted to come back to finish up. Well when she came back today, I had conquered all the things she and Mommy were worried about!! So as much as I liked her, Mrs. Stephanie said I don't need her!! She said she would love to come play with me every week, but there was really nothing I needed to work on. So, that's one therapist we can mark off the list!!!




And finally, if you remember, a few weeks ago Mommy put up a picture of me in my stander. I now get in it three times a day and I am getting so much stronger! And now........when Mommy holds me up on her lap or on the floor, I can push up with my legs!!!!!!!! I can only hold it for a few seconds at a time, but before you know it I will be standing by myself and cruising! Just keep praying for me!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenden, We are praising the Lord for this great week you have had. Your smile brings me such joy !!. You are going to have some kind of wonderful testimony when you start to talk !!!! We love you !!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a handsome little man. Love you all, Aunt Krista

"The Popham's" said...

God's Miracle!! We love you guys and prayers to you always!