God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Last weekend Mommy let Madelynn and I take our first bath together.....I don't think we were quite sure what was going on at first!! Madelynn isn't much for playing in the tub yet, so it was a short bath for her but Mommy let me stay in and play for a little bit.



Who is this little girl STANDING, you ask?!? Yup, that's Madelynn trying to help Mommy do laundry! She started crawling, and since she learned from me, she is doing her own version of army crawling for now. She can get up on her knees but forgets to move her arms, so for now, she gets around like I do! She is getting in to everything!! She thinks she can stand on her own so will let go and stand for a few seconds, then she falls down if Mommy isn't there to catch her. And let's just say....I think she's going to be our drama queen!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many of you know that Daddy is still in the hospital. Hopefully he won't have to have surgery for a few months, but we will find out tomorrow morning. Please pray that he starts feeling better soon so he can come home! (I think Mommy is ready to go crazy!!!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a very short, easy surgery at UVA this past week. (I had a hemangioma on my neck so the doctor used a laser to remove it.....I may have to have a few more for it to go away completely.) By the time Mommy got down to the waiting room and sat down, they called her name saying the doctor was on the phone! My recovery room nurse was very nice and remembered me from last year when I had surgery to fix my shunt. I woke right up and was ready for some pizza (Mommy promised)....but since surgery didn't take as long as they thought, it was still breakfast in the cafeteria, so needless to say, I was a bit disappointed and not very happy! Come to think of it, I still haven't gotten my pizza.......

2 comments:

MiMi/Granddad said...

We are praying for you all. Glad Jonathan is now home. We are praying for God's complete healing !!! The kid's are growing up so fast. Adorable !!!

Uncle Larry/Aunt Barb said...

Sorry I put MiMi/ Granddad I meant to put Uncle Larry & Aunt Barb ...ooops