God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is she beautiful or what!?!?
I've been looking forward to Madelynn's first 'ponytail' for quite a while.......Sunday we went out to lunch with my parents and little miss kept rubbing her food covered hands in her hair, so needless to say it was a little on the greasy side. So then I got to thinking that maybe she had enough to pull it up to disguise the dirtiness, and this was the result. I love it!
I've mentioned a few times that Brenden is becoming quite the pro at standing up now. The other night I ran to get Madelynn a towel and came back to Brenden's feet sticking over the side of the bathtub....he had fallen in, head first, but luckily caught himself and was holding himself up with his arms. He of course was laughing telling me he fell in and then while I was giving Madelynn her bath he kept trying to climb in. His shirt got soaked of course, but for me it was a pretty proud moment to see that he essentially had climbed into the tub...all by himself :)

He didn't want to leave the bathroom after Madelynn was finished her bath, so he just hung out opening and closing the toilet lid....as I stood there watching this I thought to myself it was kinda gross, but I had just cleaned it with bleach, so if the kid wants to stand and open and close the lid, just let him, right?

...and teaching Madelynn how to flush....

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Too funny! He is just too cute - and what a good sport to laugh after falling in! And of course I love her little pony-tail, pretty dress and red shoes! Precious!