God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I really should be picking up and cleaning the disaster called my house, but I have zero ounces of energy. Life is going 100 mph right now and no sign of things slowing down anytime soon. Jonathan has only two more weeks of being away, so hopefully things will get back to semi-normal when he's done.

I'm directing Vacation Bible School at church, not knowing when I agreed that it would be right in the middle of Jonathan being away. I've had a thousand things to get done for that and luckily the kids have been somewhat cooperative while I've been working on stuff during the day.

Yesterday I had a perfect plan in place to get everything accomplished. I needed to take Brenden to get fitted for new glasses, go to Sprint for a new phone because mine quit working, and go to the post office. I came up with the perfect idea of going to the mall, where I only had to get the kids out of the car once and I could get all three things done since our mall has a post office, a Sprint store, and Optical America. Well it didn't go so perfectly....Optical America didn't take our vision insurance (BTW, I hate our new insurance plan), the Sprint store was just a subsidiary so couldn't take care of my phone, and the post office there didn't accept debit cards. The whole time walking through the mall Brenden was yelling for a pretzel and Madelynn was trying ever so desperately to get out of the stroller. I think TLC should do a show on my life.

Also this week Madelynn started climbing out of her crib onto the changing table/dresser. So my parents brought a new bed for Brenden and I moved the toddler bed over to Madelynn's room since her falling out of the crib and breaking a bone was the last thing I need to deal with. Let me just say, it was an epic fail. I've only been able to get Madelynn to sit on her bed once, and that was only after Brenden climbed up and sat there, saying "Come here Madelynn. Sit with me."

On top of all the craziness I have had many late nights filling orders for my hairbow obsession turned business. Things have taken off like I never expected so each night I spend hours making hair bows and getting things packaged up for shipping. I'm excited for the potential of where this will go, however I need to add a few more hours to the day.

Training for the NYC Marathon is going well. I'm not on my "official" training program yet, just working on increasing my mileage for a few weeks. The kids continue to be cooperative when I've taken them on runs, so at least that's one thing that goes smoothly.

1 comment:

Aunt Barb/Uncle Larry said...

You make me tired just thinking about your day. Looking forward to see you all soon !!!! Love you guys !!!!!