God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

This could quite possibly be the last blog post you see from me until November :) Ok, I'm hoping not, however our calendar is filled up for the next month or so!

With the NYC Marathon right around the corner I'm focusing on training, figuring out my routine for race day, planning for our trip to NYC, and last but not least, fundraising!! This weekend is the Vera Bradley Bingo, which I'm hoping is successful. Our local newspaper has been running the wrong date for the last 3 weeks, even after I contacted them to correct it. This week and next week I will also be making the apple dumplings to sell, which was a big fundraiser for us last year, so hopefully just as successful this time, too.

Also this week we have another trip to UVA, just for a routine check up with Endocrinology, no surprises expected, just a long drive for a 10 minute appointment and a (hopefully easy) blood draw. Brenden is a tough stick, but there is one nurse that gets him every time, on her first try, so each time I pray and cross my fingers she's there!

I'm also trying to find the time to get hundreds of hair bows, clips, and bow holders made for upcoming (out of town) craft shows. I'm contemplating hiring some help to get some ribbon and fabric cutting done to help speed things up.

Brenden started outpatient OT which is going well. It worked out that the opening she had was the only day he doesn't have therapy at school, so at least he won't be too therapy'd out. He's up to 4 days of therapy...PT 2x/week, OT 2x/week, and Speech 1x/week. I don't get much (or any) feedback from the therapists at school, so who knows how that's going.....I know if he comes home from school with a sticker, he's done well in therapy, which is about the extent of it. Still kind of butting heads with the PT at school, but she actually said hi and smiled to me this morning, so we'll see how far I get....

Little miss Madelynn is growing up too fast :(. She can count to six, can name all the colors (still workin on identifying them), and is becoming quite girly. I thought for a while she would be a bit of a tomboy, but now I'm not so sure. She's very in to shoes, chapstick, and hair accessories (yay!). Yesterday I asked her what her name was and she replied, "Princess." It's hard to believe she's almost 2....party planning will be coming soon, after some of the other craziness is over!!

So, if you don't hear from me for a while, it's just because life is crazy, not because I've forgotten about the blog :)

1 comment:

Uncle Larry/Aunt Barb said...

We will miss the blog posts as this keeps us connected, but truly understand. Looking forward to the bingo and apple dumplings !!!! Love you all !!!!