God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rough Start



I gave mommy and daddy quite a scare when I was born. Several hours after I arrived Dr. Lee in Winchester discovered that I was born with Spina Bifida, which meant that I had an opening in my back that exposed my spine. Mommy was still in the hospital at home but Daddy came to the hospital to be with me. Only a few hours later I got to go on a road trip to Charlottesville, Virginia. I really liked the ambulance ride, but I wish mommy and daddy had been with me. Shortly after arriving at the University of Virginia Hospital, the doctors decided my surgery would be the same day. They had to close the opening in my back and put a shunt in my head. These are some pictures just after my surgery. I know mommy and daddy were worried, but I was in the hands of some amazing doctors and nurses!






No comments: