God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Get me out of this place!!

So after a week in the NICU, I got transferred to Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center at UVA. Mommy and Daddy were not very happy because they had no clue I was getting moved! They got a wake up call saying that I was being moved in the next hour!! I can only imagine what they were saying...they didn't even know where this place was! Well just as I was getting out of the ambulance, there was Mommy and Daddy....they found me! The next few hours were crazy. New nurses trying to get everything set up for me, I was cold because they didn't have the heat on, and then one of the nurses made Mommy very upset. But don't worry because Daddy had her kicked out....oops!! Everyone thought I would only be here for a few days, but I have some stubbornness in me, so it was a bit longer. It took me a few weeks to get the whole eating thing down, it was such hard work! But then I heard the doctors say that if I didn't start eating I'd have to have surgery again....yikes! That very same night, I took my whole bottle for Daddy. Lots of people were praying that I would start eating, and finally I did!



No comments: