God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm One!!!!

Can you believe that I am already 1 year old?!?!? Here I am at my birthday party. Mommy made me a really cool football cake.....it was chocolate and it was all mine!! Mommy usually doesn't let me get messy, but she made an exception! My cake was so yummy and as you can see, I made quite the mess!!

This was just me and Daddy being silly. My buddy Carter got me a ESPN hat for my birthday, so Sunday morning while me and Daddy were watching ESPN, he put my hat on.

Well I am getting so much stronger and am almost sitting up by myself. I still have to prop myself with my hands on my legs sometimes. This is me sitting on Mommy and Daddy's bed while Mommy was getting ready this morning. She always turns on cartoons for me so I don't get bored! (Sorry for my belly hanging out, oops!!)

4 comments:

"The Popham's" said...

Happy Birthday Brenden... This post brought tears of joy to my eyes when I seen Brenden sitting up by himself, GOD IS SO AMAZING! We love you guys!!

Heather said...

He is so stinking cute!
Happy Birthday Big Boy!!!
I Love You!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brenden !!!! Your smile brings us all happiness. !!!We love you

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie
You had such a wonderful
day for your 1st birthday, I could
tell you liked chocolate, so do I.
Happy Birthday again.
Love you always,
Nana