God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth....but as the name of this blog suggests, life has been C.R.A.Z.Y.!!  It's been a while since things have been this busy and I'm ready for it to slow down!  As many of you know, I went back to work three weeks ago.  I've been praying for a long time for the right thing to come along, and the way things happened were definitely by the grace of God!  For now I'm working part time, three days a week, 3-11pm.  Which is exactly the schedule I wanted!  I'm still home in the morning to get Brenden to/from school, take Madelynn to gymnastics and some other classes she will be starting, but it still gets me out of the house and has helped save some of the sanity I have left!  The kids are still having a bit of a struggle some nights with me being gone at bedtime, but Jonathan is always the one to put them to bed, so thankfully it's not a babysitter! 

Yesterday, we reached a huge milestone!  After enduring 8 surgeries and over 50 nights in the hospital in his brief 4.5 years, yesterday marked the two year anniversary of his last operation!  While the feeling I get having to send Brenden into the OR will never fade, it does seem like it's been so long ago.  With SB there is always the chance of something sneaking out of the wood works, whether it be shunt failure, tethered cord, or something completely unexpected. So we don't take for granted the fact that we have had two years of good health. 

Ballet was an epic fail for Madelynn.  She was still probably a bit young, but she insisted so I signed her up.  And she just didn't like it.  After the last class, she said she wanted to gymnastics (again) and baseball.  I convinced her she's too young for baseball, so we agreed she could try gymnastics again.  This morning was her first class and much to my surprise, she loved it this time!!  She did EVERYTHING the teacher wanted them to do and is very excited to go back.  I must say, I hope she sticks with something other than Ballet.  I danced for 13 years so I know the environment....and the "dance moms," and I'd just rather her be into sports related activities.  We also toured a local preschool....another fail!!  She really needs to start interacting with other kids and getting away from me so I've been looking into two day a week preschools.  The first one had almost no structure and I was less than impressed with the teachers.  So the search continues, but there aren't many places around here that will take 2 year olds, even though she's potty trained.  She is very excited about her birthday party, even though I keep telling her it's not anytime soon.  I've already gotten most of it planned since she decided on a theme months ago, which should make for one stress-free mommy come November!!

Our calendar is pretty much booked from now through the end of September!  No free weekends!!  Luckily vacation is in October so at least I have that to look forward to!  Two weeks from today Brenden will be starting his last year of preschool so the anxiety of deciding where he will go for kindergarten will be setting in very soon I'm sure.  

1 comment:

Uncle Larry/Aunt Barb said...

Missed your blog, but understand how times flies, when you have 2 little ones !! Thankful for Brendan's update and love to here about Brendan and Madelynn !! love you all !!